Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Jobs/Roles in the ECE Community: National/Federal Level

Aside from the two organizations I wrote about in my previous post, I would love to work in the following agencies in my country:

a. Council for the Welfare of Children - as division head of the policy and planning division.  This is because I believe that children's welfare can only be truly addressed if there are appropriate policies that will uplift their lives.  This agency helps in creating legislative action as well as providing resources about children's laws, policies and develops programs for children and those who work with and for them.  However, this position is not available at the moment, I would also need to build up on my knowledge on policies and laws about and for children.  I would also need to have leadership skills, excellent communication skills and need to be able to collaborate with various agencies and individuals.  I will also need to be very organized and focused is I want to have a position such as this.

b. Commission on Higher Education - I would very much like to be included under the Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program (ETEEAP) Division because this is the division that is in charge of assessing and giving accreditation to tertiary level education programs.  That being said, I would like to be part of the group that assess early childhood education programs specifically because I want to see the quality of teacher preparation our future teachers are being provided and hopefully create a small change as to ensuring that only those that have quality programs become accredited.

c. Department of Education - I would like to be an assessor for the National Competency Based Teacher Standards (NCBTS) and assess teachers.  However, this NCBTS was only developed for assessing elementary and secondary teachers.  Thus, I would like to eventually create/develop one for use for preschool teachers in our country.  





References:

Commission on Higher Education (2010). http://www.ched.gov.ph
Council for the Welfare of Children. (2011). http://www.cwc.gov.ph/
Department of Education. http://www.deped.gov.ph

1 Comments:

At March 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM , Blogger MrsC said...

Elizabeth,
I think your aspirations to work for national educational organizations is a great idea. I think we sometimes forget that the field of early childhood involves the education of children up to the age of eight (typically third grde). If we want to see high quality schools in America, we need to start at the earliest levels and continue that process all the way through graduation. I hope that some day you get the opportunity to influence that whole process.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home